Are you having trouble getting into the holiday spirit? Why not take a few extra minutes to upgrade your morning cup of Vera coffee with some holiday cheer!
Vera coffee is infused with resveratrol, meaning you get the heart health benefits of red wine in every cup. If you'd like these drinks to be even healthier, use low-fat or non-dairy milks and cut back on added sugars.
Why go to a coffee chain when you can make a great seasonal beverage at home? If you don't have a milk frother or immersion blend don't fear- use a whisk to foam your steamed milk.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Vera coffee- prepared by your preferred method
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons peppermint syrup
- Prepare Vera coffee according to your preferences. Any method is fine, but we recommend brewing it on the stronger side so the coffee flavor shines through!
- Heat milk on the stovetop until almost boiling. Remove from heat and use a frother or immersion blender to foam the milk. You can also whisk vigorously if you do not have those tools.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, and syrup into the bottom of your coffee mug and combine. Then fill the mug with coffee and stir.
- Pour the foamed milk in the mug last and lightly stir.
(h/t Kristine's Kitchen Blog)
Here's an easy recipe for you that can be prepared ahead of time. Add fresh spices to ground Vera coffee to get a ton of flavor without added fat or sugar.
- 1 cup Vera ground coffee
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Stir ground coffee and ground spices together and keep in airtight container until ready to use.
- Brew Vera coffee as normal (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon per 6 oz of water)
Don't like to cook? Simply swap out your regular milk or creamer with eggnog during the holiday season!
Do you have any favorite holiday coffee recipes? Share them in the comments!